Summer Bay Resorts - A successful outcome in a dispute with Summer Bay Sales and Marketing

On 17/03/15 my wife was informed on her computer that she had won a huge discount on a number of holidays in and around Florida. She was given a local phone number in Sydney where she spoke to a number of people who assured her of the legitimate nature of her good fortune and offering her 7D/6N at Summer Bay resort plus 3D/2N Bahamas Cruise plus 4D/3N East coast Florida accommodation plus 1 week car hire plus a bonus 5D/4N Costa Rica Holiday ALL for the total price of US$1400. When I started to look closely at this unbelievable offer I came upon this webpage and became very very concerned. I reviewed a number of horror stories from dissatisfied customers from all over the world including one from an American in 2004 who described how they had obtained a refund from these people. The most useful information was that under Florida law if the "vacation" did not have a date specified then it was considered a "vacation certificate " and as such there was a 30 day cooling off period. Acting on this advice I did the following which I commend to others in the same situation as we were.

1.Phone your credit card company and attempt to stop the payment , BLOCK your account and notify them of your intention to dispute the payment as you believe the company is fraudulent. Freezing your account is important as I will explain later.

2.Well within 30 days send to Summer Bay Resort Cancellations of 25 Towne Centre Blvd Suite C. CLERMONT FLORIDA 34714 a registered letter formally requesting a refund and noting that you have sent copies of this letter to your credit card co, the Florida Attorney General and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer affairs.

3.Log on to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs and print out their Complaint Form, complete it and send off with a copy of letter 1.

4. Log on to the Office of the Florida Attorney General and print out their Complaint Form , complete it and sent it off with a copy of letter 1.

In our case we were not contacted by the company despite them claiming to have done so but they did refund the US$1400 to our credit card company.

HOWEVER on 18/03/15 the day after my wife made our card payment to Summer Bay someone ( actually "manganocollebeato@smtp-mail.it) attempted to remove A$15,198.79 from the fortunately now frozen credit card. Now this may be just a coincidence but I for one am very suspicious of coincidences. Hence the need to freeze the credit card.

hoping this story may help others

John and Kay . Australia.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

My Uncle has just been scammed they offered a second option and hes waiting on new paperwork I have investigated this and found that Summer Bay Vacations is in fact in the court system and have scammed money out of willing people my uncle paid $898 Aus we have spoken to them on the phone very scripted information the lady Natasha Harris gave us. But was very blunt in how she spoke.

Very disappointed my uncle was scammed by these low lifes!!!

Thank you for your comment. It helped us a lot.

We have paid for two "so called" great package @ $269.00 (US) each. We were also promised a car each 7days 6nights and the use of all facilities in the resort. This was in Sept 2014 and we were not able to use it because of non available of rooms when we want and other emergencies.With reviewing your comment in particular I am contemplating in just losing the money investing since they said this was cancel and not paying $99.00 (US) for extending it for 6mths. I realize I may lose more in the long run....

Thanks and please let me know your thoughts.

It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Faeeda (Trinidad and Tobago)

Summer Bay Resorts - Receipt Review from Canal Winchester, Ohio

2.4
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Summer Bay Resorts just stayed there Apr 18 thru 22 Apr 2015. Stayed at the affiliate Encantanda that is run by Summer Bay.

Encantanda houses a t e nice, but when checking out they could not give me a receipt. McDinalds even gives receipt. The if you stay their you have to go through a timeshare pitch for 90 minutes.

Once you decide not to buy they get furious and nasty. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GROUP AGAIN.....

Summer Bay Resorts - 678-541-9126 / High-pressure sales tactics + falsifying information + rude ending

A salesman called me about an "upscale resort" just 2.3 miles away from the closest Walt Disney World Resort (WDWR) entrance, one that provides free deluxe breakfast and free 5-minute shuttle ride to WDWR every 30 minutes. He was trying to rush me to book a sale with my credit card without taking the time to answer my basic questions.

When I checked their location on Google maps, I found that they're 7.5 miles or 15-minute ride away from the WDWR. He kept denying my finding and revealing that the boundaries of the Summer Bay Resort and the WDWR are within 2.3 miles! Since most sane consumers go by the driving distance and drive time rather than linear distance between the boundaries of two large establishments, I thought the original pitch was misleading. Once I told him I did not find him trustworthy enough to give out my credit card information, he insulted me saying that I am "not their type" and don't deserve to stay at their so-called high-end resort and that I belong more to Motel 6 type properties instead.

I would rather give my business any day to an honest and humble motel property than to an unscrupulous and rude resort property!

I hope the readers would agree with me. Run away from Summer Bay Resort!

I didn't like: Their falsified sales pitch.

Summer Bay Resorts - Simple Review #1424645535

Kathleen,Georgia

I put a review on your site about our friteful vacation to summer bay resorts in august 2013 when your building went down in the sinkhole. It was posted as anonymous but I left my name.

It is randy bryant 2129 kings chapel rd. Perry, ga. 31069. 478-987-9236 or 478-244-4885.

We should have gotten an adjustment or something but we got nothing. That was not good publicity for a resort.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Summer Bay Resorts - Hotel Accommodation Review from Kathleen, Georgia

Kathleen,Georgia

We went to summer bay resorts on our trip to disney in august 2013. We were at your resort when the building sank into the ground.

It really scared us to death. We would have been in the sunken building if at the last minute I hadn't requested a handicapped room. We were right beside it in the next building and and this was very traumatic for all of us especially my little granddaughter. We were up all night without our belongings and no where to sleep and never got a room till the next day.

This really put a big damper on our vacation . It was more like a vacation from ***. I think we should have received an adjustment or some kind of credit after dealing with all that, but we didn't. All we were told was that this would never happen again.

We were very panicky because my husband has severe sleep apnea and we could not get his c-pap machine from the room and he can't sleep without it, because he stops breathing in his sleep .

So we sat up in a restaurant all night with a small child sleeping on a bench. It was a total nightmare of a vacation.

Summer Bay Resorts - Resort Policy Review from Medon, Tennessee

Medon,Tennessee
1.4

I was 5 months late paying my fees. Paid fee owed plus late fees. Five months later

I find out it had been turned over to collection agency. Now they say i owe $260. The originak bill wasnt but $525. I had already paid 610. I had checked twice before we use our week to see if i had any unpaid fees and was told mo. Resort policy is you cant use you eeek if you have any outstanding fees. Guess what? We used our week. Try to comtact Summerbay and get told that is not right, will check into it and call you back. The call i get is from the collection agency.

latfouhttp://www.intouch.org/Resources/BibleStudies/Content.aspx?topic=Identifying_Insecurity_devotional2nd out they had turned it over to collection agency and

Summer Bay Resorts - Fraud

Be careful with this resort is fraudulent, a month book through a marketing agent (ana olarrery - 352 432 2258), they called me to me and offered me a vacation package that could cancel whenever I wanted, that was not well, I get sick with a contagious viral infection and decided not to infect others in the hotel, call to cancel and they said it was impossible to cancel, I lost my money, ana agent told me I could cancel at any time.

tenga cuidado *** este resort es fraudulento, hace un mes reserve a través de un agente de mercadeo( ana olarrery - 352 432 2258), ellos me llamaron a mi y me ofrecieron un paquete de vacaciones que podia cancelar cuando yo quisiera, eso no fue asi, me enferme *** una infeccion contagiosa viral y decidi no infectar a otros en el hotel, llame para cancelar y me dijeron que era imposible cancelar , perdi mi dinero ,la agente ana me dijo que podia cancelar en cualquier momento.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Summer Bay Resorts - ROOM LEFT WIDE OPEN

Featured Not resolved
3.6

Update by user Oct 09, 2014

This is SUMMER BAY RESORTS IN FLORIDA

Original review posted by user Oct 09, 2014

The worst experience ever. My family and I came back at night from a full day at Universal to find that our room had been left WIDE OPEN by housekeeping.

On top of this, the TV had been turned on and re-positioned and someone had been in our beds. Literally, this was the creepiest experience. This has never happened to us. Also, the housekeeping ladies are really loud early in the mornings.

We understood that there are lots of children coming and in and out but by far they were louder.

I am extremely disappointed because we had so many valuables in the room. Luckily, no one took them.

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #885805

I bet they made love in your bed while watching ***, now are you more creeped out knowig that I, sorry I mean someone made love in your bed. Being 17 and living with my parents I am mean the person who made love cannot do it at home, so they used your room.

Summer Bay Resorts - RUDE AND RIPOFF

I HAD ASKED FOR REFUND, BEFORE 30 DAYS WAS UP. SPOKE TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NAME DOLORES (IF THAT'S HER REAL NAME)WHO PRETENDED TO BE A MANAGER.

VERY RUDE AND NASTY . KEPT QUESTIONING WHY I WANTED TO CANCEL. SAYING WHY I BOUGHT THE PACKAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SAYING IF I GAVE TO YOU FOR FREE , I'D BET YOU TAKE IT.

VERY NASTY. READ ALL REVIEWS DO NOT GO FOR THIS PROMOTIONAL PACKAGE OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS TO DO WITH SUMMER BAY SCAM AND CROOKS.

DID NOT RETURN MONEY YET. WILL BE FLYING TO FLORIDA IF I HAVE TOO

Comments

I had the same promotion to stay in their hotel. This scared me I don't want to go to their 90 presentation.

they send me a paper to sign if we don't go to the presentation we pay 500 dollars i haven't send it yet. i wonder if you got your money back and if i can cancel it.

to Anonymous Jamaica, New York, United States #1194931

I did get money back finally

Summer Bay Resorts - Scam i believe

i received an email offering me a fantastic deal to stay at summer bay resort and after lengthy talks and going from one person to another i was to put up an amount of money to secure this deal which is a fraction of real cost, supposedly a promotion deal by the resort. i gave them my bank details however no money in account fortunately.

after thinking about it i realised how silly i was to give them my account but the web site they show is very convincing.

i believe this is just a scam.i am putting this here so others will not fall for this . i dont think it is done by the resort but people with a very good sales pitch.

Comments

This is an actual resort. They offer such large discounts because it is a time share and they want people to come and buy a timeshare.

We are staying there through a close friend who is an owner there.

He has been an owner there for about 13 years. Not a scam!

hmmmm so you knowingly gave them your bank acct number knowing it had no funds in it? that my friend is a scam in itself.

what are you basing your theory on that the Summer Bay is a scam? You are the one who just tried to scam them.

I am guessing the company is a time share type and I'm sure there is plenty of fine print.

Yes, they probably have good sales people - and yes their site is craeted to generate sales - that is how advertising works.