1.1K views

I was on the internet looking for a vacation spot for my birthday when I came across Summer Bay Resort. I filed out the application for someone to call and give me more information about this resort after looking at the pictures of the Resort that I loved.

I received a phone call from a agent name Steve who stated they had a 5 day and 4 night vacation package for 2 people for only $150.00 in Orlando florida with a 3day and 2night package added to go anywhere else. I told him I will call him back if I wanted this deal after I speak with my spouse. He called me back the next day and I did not have my cc available so I told him I will look further into this and let him know. I received several of calls after this that I did not answer but after I thought about the price and the pictures of the resort and my timing was winding down for my vacation.

I called him back and was transfered over to his ext:7576 I spoke with another agent named Ray and he placed my order with my cc# I was so excited that I had my vacation booked and I was on my way to Orlando. They also mentioned that it was a 90min timeshare tour and I was ok with that I did the recording stating I will be staying in Summer Bay Resort for 5days and 4nights for 2 people for $150.00 and I agreed to this. It also stated I had to be living with this individual and making at least 50,000 a year between both of us and over 30 and we both are. So after purchasing this vacation on 07/23/2012 I never received another call until 08/24/2012 from a agent named Alyssa Mandel who was extremely rude with me.

She adviced me that since I waited until after the 30day no refund policy timimg I will not be able to get my money back for this vacation she stated that I lied on recording about living with my spouse and making over 50,000 a year. I argued with her that me and my spouse do live together and we just moved in our new department which we have not yet got a new ID with the correct address on it. She adviced me that do to this I will have to pay a not qualifiing fee of 200.00 more even after they already charged my card for $150.00. I told her I want to cancel this vacation and get my money back and she told me no not at all I will not get my money back.

I have to pay the $200.00 or I will lose my vacation and $150.00 I have a least with both of use on it but she still argued with me and said NO. So I Really believe I was SCAMED by this company and after further investigation I found out this is not the Resort this is a company that works for them and you will not be staying at the RESORT they booked me in a hotel called CROWN CLUB INN that I never ever even seen before or heard of.

So I know this company really needs to be shut down before they take everyone else money. I also called the actual RESORT and they have no idea that this is going on.

Review about: Summer Bay Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Comments

Bogot, Distrito Especial, Colombia #1242300

buenas noches quisiera saber si este hotel tiene convenio *** la empresa de tour SOMOS FLORIDA? muchas gracias, pronta respuesta...

Bowie, Maryland, United States #685511

Sorry to hear this. I know there are several "fine print" qualifications that if you don't qualify you get penalized if you agree to the terms first.

The first time I was contacted by these guys they put me in the hotel instead of the property which I didn't like, but I enjoyed myself enough that the second time they contacted me I made sure they put us in one of the units. I haven't had any problems with them though.

The Crown Club Inn is on the resort property - it is the standard accommodation for the resort.

All you have to do is show your state ID with matching addresses, the correct age and they do not ask for proof of income. You would get exactly what you were told you would get.

No scam here...