Summer Bay Resorts - Ripoff Class Action Law Suit waiting to happen

1.3
Quality of Food

Paid our time share off. Contact the company to sell it.

Sorry you have to do it your self, or you can pay us $2,000. and We will do it for you. But here is the catch; you have to surrender your propriety to them. They still make all the money.

I don't want anything except to quit paying taxes and maintenance fees. They claimed to give you a title to the propriety when you pay off your mortgage yet another false claim. You will be sent a letter stating you paid off your loan.

You don't own anything the company just sucks you dry. Call them you will be on hold until your children die.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Take properity quit charging maintenance fees, and taxes. No 2000 pay off to get out of your ponsy skeem.

Summer Bay Resorts - They are scam

Quality of Food

They will make you buy the timeshare without explaining anything to you. And you can sell it but they tell you that you can.

And they end up telling you to pay 4000 for you to drop the property... they are a big scam..

don't trust them at all. They will mess up your credit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Summer Bay Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Summer Bay Resorts - Nothing but lies. Now stuck with a timeshare for life.

2.0
Quality of Accommodation

My wife and I went to see the property in Orlando and loved what we saw. When they did the presentation and offered it to us at half what the original price was, I figured it would be a good buy especially when they told me that they had people lined up to buy more and would be happy to sell ours if we never needed it.

Well little did I know that the next year my job would relocate me to Florida and I no longer would need this. It didn't really bother me since they said they could easily resell it. That was the biggest lie I was ever told!! Now I have had this thing for 16 years and never used it once!!!

Can't even give it back to them for FREE! They just told me that I would have to sell it on my own.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: To give this back, free and clear..

I liked: Location and property.

I didn't like: Every single lie i was told, Refund policy, Exchange policy, Ability to resell.

Summer Bay Resorts - SCAM AND LIES

2.3
Quality of Food

When we originally bought our timeshare we were told how easy it would be to sell if we ever wanted to because "they always had a waiting list of consumers who want to buy." My time share is now paid off and when I tried to sell it I have found that it would cost me anywhere from $2000-$5000 more to sell. This is insane.

I am basically stuck with something for life that I no longer want. I would even be willing to walk away from it without anything in return but I don't even have that option.

Product or Service Mentioned: Summer Bay Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: I am unable to sell my timeshare.

Preferred solution: I want to sell my timeshare either at a profit or even, not have to pay more. .

I liked: I like the resort housing.

I didn't like: For trying to resale without loosing money, Loose your money.

Summer Bay Resorts - Have over 20,000 dollars invested and they want more

3.2
Quality of Food

I really have not been disappointed until now. Not only do they want to keep my money invested, but to sell it would cost an additional 2 thousand dollars.

This is not what I thought it would be. I am now in the silver program with them and not really any extras given. Each time I try to go in to see what I get, I am unable to get into the site. Anyone interested, I will sell my time shares for a thousand under what I bought them for.

During my stays, I get what I ask for.

Only one time I lost 3 days of a 7 day stay to get things repaired. I was not even given a week back for the time spent, waiting for repairs.

Monetary Loss: $22000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: For trying to resale without loosing money.

Comments

anu4real9_32

They are big scam.

Summer Bay Resorts - Summer Bay Lies to its Customers!

Several years ago, I got a call from Summer Bay, wanting to sell a vacation "package." It cost around $250.00 and seemed like they were on the "up-and-up." It was for two destinations, with three "bonus" trips/accommodations that could be taken later. The "pitch" was that the resorts wanted people to experience what it could be like in staying at their resorts, and that was supposedly the reason they were offering such a low price.

But I was suspicious of this. They had told me initially that I would only have to take a "tour" of one of the resorts, and that was the only requirement. But when I called them some time later to book one of the trips, I asked them AGAIN, about what they required. Come to find out, I was totally lied to, because then I learned I would have to take a separate "tour" AT ALL FIVE of the resorts upon our arrival at each one...a total of five "tours"...and all were required, NOT the single tour I been led to believe.

Needless to say, they would not refund any of my money, which they insisted I pay beforehand. Oh, and by the way, there were three calls, each from Summer Bay, promising the same kinds of trips, but not necessarily the same destinations...I would supposedly be able to choose later which ones and when we wanted to go. But there were to be NO TIMESHARE sales presentations So, there were two more payments in advance for $ 250.00 each. Now the total was up to $ 750.00, and all three calls responded that there would be only ONE "Tour" of ONE vacation facility for each of the three packages I purchased.

But learning the truth, I contacted anyone who would listen at Summer Bay, and the Better Business Bureau in Florida--no results--no apologies. Long story short--I'll just chalk this experience up to poor judgment on my part. I stopped pursuing it long ago. But the calls keep coming from various "fulfillment" firms, each with a different company name.

They each tell me they "see that you haven't completed your trips that you purchased, and that were now expired." They want to know what happened to cause us not to go on the trips. When I tell them, they tell me I can still go on those trips, and that they have some additional trips they want to sell me, for only a "very reasonable fee." I still hear nothing about not having to attend "tours" or "time share presentations." So, I tell them to remove my phone number from their list...but every so often, I still get calls from different firms--same deal--same hype. I'm not falling for it again. They can call until the cows jump over the moon as far as I'm concerned.

They are wasting my time and have stolen my money. I will never trust spiels like this again. When I see numbers calling from Florida, do not even bother to answer them. Now then, Mr.

Whoever You Are, I get the privilege of wasting YOUR time!!

Count on it Summer Bay--and to all the others they have given my phone number to--rest assured, there WILL be a time you will have to pay for your deceits!!

Caveat emptor! (from Latin, “let the buyer beware.”)

Submitted August 4, 2014

Clermont, Florida, United States #852409

If the complaining customer would care to divulge their name or contact information (old telephone number and email address) we would be more than happy to look into the issue to see if in fact that they are a customer of ours or even participated in a secondary product sold by an affiliated service providers. However without this information we are not able to assist you or address your concerns.

to James Baker #873935

so you can still commit fraud you ***

Summer Bay Resorts - SCAMMMMED ME

I was on the internet looking for a vacation spot for my birthday when I came across Summer Bay Resort. I filed out the application for someone to call and give me more information about this resort after looking at the pictures of the Resort that I loved.

I received a phone call from a agent name Steve who stated they had a 5 day and 4 night vacation package for 2 people for only $150.00 in Orlando florida with a 3day and 2night package added to go anywhere else. I told him I will call him back if I wanted this deal after I speak with my spouse. He called me back the next day and I did not have my cc available so I told him I will look further into this and let him know. I received several of calls after this that I did not answer but after I thought about the price and the pictures of the resort and my timing was winding down for my vacation.

I called him back and was transfered over to his ext:7576 I spoke with another agent named Ray and he placed my order with my cc# I was so excited that I had my vacation booked and I was on my way to Orlando. They also mentioned that it was a 90min timeshare tour and I was ok with that I did the recording stating I will be staying in Summer Bay Resort for 5days and 4nights for 2 people for $150.00 and I agreed to this. It also stated I had to be living with this individual and making at least 50,000 a year between both of us and over 30 and we both are. So after purchasing this vacation on 07/23/2012 I never received another call until 08/24/2012 from a agent named Alyssa Mandel who was extremely rude with me.

She adviced me that since I waited until after the 30day no refund policy timimg I will not be able to get my money back for this vacation she stated that I lied on recording about living with my spouse and making over 50,000 a year. I argued with her that me and my spouse do live together and we just moved in our new department which we have not yet got a new ID with the correct address on it. She adviced me that do to this I will have to pay a not qualifiing fee of 200.00 more even after they already charged my card for $150.00. I told her I want to cancel this vacation and get my money back and she told me no not at all I will not get my money back.

I have to pay the $200.00 or I will lose my vacation and $150.00 I have a least with both of use on it but she still argued with me and said NO. So I Really believe I was SCAMED by this company and after further investigation I found out this is not the Resort this is a company that works for them and you will not be staying at the RESORT they booked me in a hotel called CROWN CLUB INN that I never ever even seen before or heard of.

So I know this company really needs to be shut down before they take everyone else money. I also called the actual RESORT and they have no idea that this is going on.

Bogot, Distrito Especial, Colombia #1242300

buenas noches quisiera saber si este hotel tiene convenio *** la empresa de tour SOMOS FLORIDA? muchas gracias, pronta respuesta...

Bowie, Maryland, United States #685511

Sorry to hear this. I know there are several "fine print" qualifications that if you don't qualify you get penalized if you agree to the terms first.

The first time I was contacted by these guys they put me in the hotel instead of the property which I didn't like, but I enjoyed myself enough that the second time they contacted me I made sure they put us in one of the units. I haven't had any problems with them though.

The Crown Club Inn is on the resort property - it is the standard accommodation for the resort.

All you have to do is show your state ID with matching addresses, the correct age and they do not ask for proof of income. You would get exactly what you were told you would get.

No scam here...

Summer Bay Resorts - Treated with the upmost respect

SUMMER BAY RESORTS WAS THE VACATION PACKAGE I CHOSE LAST YEAR. I ONLY HAVE TAKEN ONE PART OF MY PLAN WHICH WAS IN GATLINBURG TN.

THAT WAS A STANDARD ROOM IN WHICH WAS VERY ABOVE AVERAGE. HOW THE COMPLAINTS POSTED HAVE BEEN SO BAD..I DON"T UNDERSTAND POSSIBLE. THE RESORT WAS NOT ONLY CLEAN PROFESSIONAL AND BEAUTIFUL VERY VERY UP TO PAR. I WILL BE COMPLETING THE TOUR OF THEIR TIMESHARE THIS YEAR AND HOPE TO PURCHASE A TIMESHARE IN ORLANDO.

SOME PEOPLE SIMPLY CAN'T BE SATISFIED NOR DO THEY UNDERSTAND BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE . FOUR OTHER MEMBERS WAS WITH US ON OUR TRIP AND WAS AS EXCITED TO BE ACCOMMIDATED IN SUCH AN EXPENSIVE MOTELGATLINBURG SQUARE FOR SUCH AN DISCOUNTED PRICE. THIS YEAR ONCE TRAVELING COMPLETING OUR TOUR OF SUMMER BAY RESORTS WE WILL RETURN TO THIS SITE AND KEEP YOU UP-DATED ON THE LIES POSTED BECAUSE OF THEIR HARD TO PLEASE PERSONALITIES OR GOD KNOWS WHAT THAT WOULD CAUSE THEM TO POST SUCH FALSE DOCUMENTS AGAINST SUMMER BAY RESORT.

ONE POST STATED THEY BOUGHT A TIMESHARE FOR FIVE DAYS..IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT PURCHASING A TIMESHARE THEN THEY KNOW THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YOUR VACATION

Comments

We just paid for a trip to Disney World....wow now am upset

So they really don't work? It's all fake?

talk about good customer service? that's a joke!!!

my mother who rencently passed has a condo at Gatlinburg Town Square in TN. I am still trying to get the condo in my name. I went to TN last November and asked them how to get the timeshare in my name since it was left to me, did everything! when I asked to see her unit no one even offered to show me the unit everyone left except 1 individual who said I could go see it myself "now that's customer service"!!!

after returning from seeing the unit I asked the same indiviual who I asked to see unit a question she did not even answer my question very vague not helpful at all (My mother would roll over in her grave if she knew I recieved this type of customer service).! 2 months later the timeshare is still not it my name, I have yet to get someone to resolve this issue in Gatlinburg nor Orlando next I will write a personal letter about my bad experience FYI: If you have a loved one who leaves a timeshare to someone PLEASE! add that individuals name on timeshare before the loved one passes away so you want have a headache trying to get it in your name. My mother loved her timeshares she had 5 and would be very upset with the customer service her daughter recieved!

I am begining to think they are just money pits!!! :cry

to ***fidential (GA) Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #593765

Call the resort and ask to speak to Dale Kennedy. He is the new resort General Manager.

Transferring time shares takes time and money, they are deeds in Tennessee and have to be registered with the court.

The people you dealt with in 2012 were let go.

talk about good customer service? that's a joke!!!

I am begining to think they are just money pits!!! :cry

nikalseyn

I will second "pulltype." Anyone who uses all capitals is suspect and the whole missive sounds like an employee of a scam attempting to delude people into thinking well of his employer.

Sounds like an insider to me and all capitals speak volumes. Check out all the timeshare complaints on this site and check the ads on this same page. Avoid prepaid vacation and timeshare plans.

View more comments

Summer Bay Resorts - Total misrepresented and did not honor contract.

I bought a package that included a trip to Costa Rica. The contract stated only $15 per night fees and a refundable deposit.

When I went to book I was told the rules changed and that I had to pay regular room rates and that I had to go to Orlando package vacation first. I was told that Summer Bay holds the right to change the rules at any time without notifying the consumer and that there is no recourse.

The 2 representatives were managers and both would only read the above rights they had and no willingness to attempt to understand the consumer's position. I lost my $795 and will hopefully learn from it to NEVER do these types of promos again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Summer Bay Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Summer Bay Resorts - SummerBay scammed me too. Contact me if you want to join in a class action lawsuit.

I was a single parent when I was first contacted by Summer Bay offering a vacation package. In Orlando, we went to the sales pitch for buying a timeshare and being enrolled in RCI vacation club.

The first lie was being able to refinance with my own bank once I returned home at a much lower interest rate. Banks won't finance timeshares. That cost me thousands. The second was that I could book with RCI at a much lower rate.

The first time I called I was given standard rates with no discount. The person on the phone told me that they had never heard of Summer Bay offering discounted rates with the purchase of a timeshare. That was really the only reason I bought into the timeshare in the first place. Being displeased, I started trying to sell the timeshare.

Impossible. I stopped paying for it hoping they would put it in foreclosure. Yes my credit would be bad for a while but I was willing to battle through that. They won't put it in foreclosure and now they are suing me.

They are threatening to garnish my wages.

I want to file a class action law suit. If you want to join me, please contact me.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Comments

I want to join case against summer Bay. I can be reached at lindsay.lynn@yahoo.com

Can anyone out there help get out of these time shares?Once you buy they treat you like dirt. What a scam.

I want to stop paying and let them take it back. I'm not paying anymore.

The property I bought into is now no longer a part of their ownership. They said I can take the "legal option", which means it just goes away and I'm done. But, they still want me to finish paying the roughly $800 I have left on my $15,000 loan, not to mention all the maintenance fees I've paid over the years.

anu4real9_32

Yes I will join you.

Yes I’m interested in joining a class action suit against these bastards

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1282440

I am in for the class lawsuit. I ended up paying several thousands of dollars for one weekend vacation for my family.

If I did not continue paying they would keep damaging my credit.

I was living in North Carolina at the time. rvegamusre@yahoo.com

We are interested in your class action suit. Please contact us at mctl8@mail.com

Austin, Texas, United States #1216560

I would like to join for class action law suit.

I am interested. I ended up paying around $4,000 or more for a weekend. You can contact me directly at rvegamusre@yahoo.com

I want to join your lawsuit mastertech2288@yahoo.com

#531954

I have a tale of multiple horrors upon horrors!

DO NOT BUY! They NEVER keep their word. NEVER. Not about anything.

I would be only too happy - in fact down right EAGER to join in a suit.

Please keep us informed

I was scammed by SBR for years now I have not been able to use my time share as we are all ways told that it is not availabe. To add salt to the wound they recently called and offered us room as owners at a very special price. I want to join any lawsuit which will ultamitly release me from our timeshare since it is not available any way.

xinhai698

Is there anyone can manage us in a grounp and sue SBR together. Bc Donna Mcbbe's case sounds over, we have to do this ourselves.

Is there anyone knows a lawer for this? I really don't want to sell this to anyone, I think it is hard to sell it anyway. So looks like either we have to hurt our credit which is not really ehat I want to do, so what are other options for us other than sue the company together?

I mean we have a better chance to win, right? xinhai698@hotmail.com

xinhai698

How can I contact you for this? I want to join the class action please! xinhai698@hotmail.com

I wish someone contact me with this lawsuit soon, bc we need to take action now, they are charging us everyday!

I want to join lawsuit too,bc I think the way they sell their timeshare is not fair for us. I mean me and husband were being told that if we pay $5000 we get everything.They made us sign the contract right away, I mean who could possibly read a 50 pages file in about half a hour! We had to sign the contract in their lawer's office, I couldn't even read them all before I signed it! Of course, in the contract, there are these fees and that fee which the person showed us the villa had metioned nothing about this! I want to sue them for this, bc no company should do things like this to others in this country! I want to help others not to get into this! Don't even metion their service,every time, different person call me for different payment, they dont even listen to what I have to say! They talked none stop, I couldn't even finish what I was gonna say! Man, if you haven't buy it, please don't buy! This is a mess! I really want to get rid of this NOW!

I want to join in class action, please tell me what I need to do!Thank you!

xinhai698@hotmail.com

My husband and I were scammed out of our honeymoon money for this crock. They did not follow through with anything they said.

Rooms were not like they were expected, and they locked us into something that we could not get out of.

We want back every dime!! They ruined our honeymoon!!!!

To all who have contacted me concerning Summer Bay. I was in a situation where I had to do something immediately because a court date was approaching.

I hired an attorney. This attorney called Summer Bay and settled my case.

I can't reveal the details of the settlement but I assure you it was at a fraction of the cost that I would have paid had I not hired him. My advice is hire an attorney.

rvm88

I am ready to be part of a class action against summerbay: rvegamusre@yahoo.com

These people have ripped me off too. and I want to join a class action lawsuit too..

mjg9121984@aol.com

SBR scammed us too. Contact me at mitzu@ptd.net

To all those who contacted me about the class action law suite. I had to take immediate action because the court date in Florida was approaching.

I hired an attorney that settled my case.

I can't reveal any details of the settlement, that is one of the terms of the settlement. I can say to hire an attorney :grin

please contact me as well...we were told the same lies!!!!!

schmidtty01@hotmail.com

I too been scammed. Please contact me on p_sungum@yahoo.com

I would join in as well.

Jeff Smith please contact me at dmcb0761@yahoo.com

Please contact me at dmcb0761@yahoo.com

SBR is nothing but a buch of lies. Would definitely join in a class action suit against them.

View more comments